Hnefatafl is an historical Scandinavian board game whose variants have been played all over medieval Europe earlier than chess was even invented. In these so referred to as Tafl video games two completely different sized armies struggle one another. The invading black army tries to capture the white king, while the defending white army tries to protect their king and assist him escape.
Often also called the Game of the Vikings Hnefatafl tells many stories, just like the Moskowites invasion of Sweden or the Viking hordes pillaging Britain. But no matter what the story is one thing always stays the identical: The hunt for the king.
Even though the foundations aren't difficult the sport presents fascinating methods and rewards tactical play. Try to encompass the enemy items, plan ahead, lay traps and drive your opponent into give up. Will you capture the king for gold and glory? Can the loyal guards maintain back the invading forces and secure the flight of their king?
For offline and on-line play you possibly can create your own customized variants -- with over 200,000 totally different variants possible!
The sport options cross platform play with iOS, Windows and Linux and you ought to use a single account to access all your matches from any of your gadgets. The multiplayer is asynchronous so you can proceed your matches everytime you need.
This recreation features the next variants:
- Hnefatafl - Copenhagen
- Hnefatafl - Historical
- Hnefatafl - Berserk
- Hnefatafl - Fetlar
- Sea Battle 11x11
- Sea Battle 13x13
- Tablut - Historical (Saami)
- Linnaeus' Tablut
- Foteviken Tablut
- Ard Ri
- Tyr 13x13
- Tyr 15x15
- Tyr 19x19
- Coppergate 15x15
- Alea Evengelii
- Custom variants for offline and online play
- Offline play for 2 people on one device
- Offline play in opposition to numerous laptop opponents
- Offline play with computer against computer
- Online play by way of Fellhuhn Gaming Service for two humans
- Ingame Chat for Online play
- Achievements via Fellhuhn Gaming Service
- Tutorial/Rules included
- Share matches with other players
- Annotate and review on-line matches
- Export matches to OpenTafl
- Match Browser to find the becoming match
- Match History to evaluation your strategies
- Link your account with the Steam model to proceed your matches anytime
- ELO rankings for rated matches
This app is supported by advertisement which may be disabled through a one-time buy of IAP.
- Internet Access is required for the commercials and on-line play
- In-App-Billing/Purchase is required for the optionally available removal of advertisements
Destroy endless waves of evil enemy tanks. They deserve it, for causes. Dodge their fireplace and kill all of them. Really, they deserve it. Believe us. That's a command!Tank You! is an arcade sport by which you'll steer a small but highly effective tank alongside a scenic route ...
Fidchell, which is also known as Faery Chess or Celtic Chess, is an historical celtic sport which was mentioned in a number of Irish epics and chronicles. Under the identify of Gwyddbwyll it also seems within the Welsh Mabinogion and appears to have been held in peculiar reverence throughout t...
“In a time of gun and sword, the magical stone that maintains the stability of the world is stolen by high-tech aliens. The world is hanging on a skinny thread. It all depends on you retrieving the magical stone…” We honestly can’t hold making all of it up. Let’s just shoot some alien m...